Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Three Envelope Pot Roast

I'm addicted to a great {new to me} cooking blog www.plainchicken.com . She makes stuff that I know my family will eat. We tried this one last week and it  got a thumbs up from everyone.

Defiantly adding it to my dinner rotation!




Three Envelope Pot Roast

1 3-4 lb pot roast
1 cup water
1 cup salsa {or water if you don't want it spicy} I used green Verde
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Au Jus mix {found mine at Homeland}

Whisk togather water, salsa and seasoning packets. Place roast in slow cooker. If you have a fat side make sure to place it going up. This allows for the fat to drip down through your meat adding even more flavor. Pour seasoning mixture over roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.

Here's the best part. I used a 5lb roast so that I could get two meals from it. One being the roast we had that night. Then I shredded the remaining and wrapped it up for my deep freezer. The next week I made Pot Roast sliders with Creamy Chipotle Sauce...Yum!

Creamy Chipotle Sauce

1/4 cup sour cream {I used light}
1 tsp. adobo sauce from chipotle peppers { or 2 Tbsp chili sauce if you don't want the heat}
2 tsp. creamy horseradish sauce {I used Kraft}


Mix it all together and spread on toasted Hawaiian King dinner rolls. Top with your leftover pot roast and Swiss cheese! Would be great on top of Nachos too!


I'll be sharing this new fav of ours over here stop by if you can Tasty Tuesday - Tempt My Tummy - Tuesday at the Table


3 comments:

  1. I know I can always count on your recipes being great! I have a roast in the crock pot right now. Will definitely have to try this one next time! Thanks, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious, Kate! I love the crock pot recipes; it makes things so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...