Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Crockpot BBQ Pork- Keeper!

With Father’s Day fast upon us I thought I would share with you and easy pork BBQ sure to make any dad’s heart sing.



My entire family enjoys this easy Crockpot meal. And I love it for the mass amount of meat I can cook then freeze all at one time. Its perfect to satisfy man's carnivore needs!



BBQ Pork

5-7 pound Pork Shoulder butt roast {with or without bone}
1/4 cup of paprika
2 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dry mustard
1/3 cup liquid smoke




Place your meat in the crock pot and season. Turn on low and cook 12 hours, or on high for 6 hours. DO NOT REMOVE THE LID until cooking is done.  It will be soooo tender it falls off your tongs when you take it out, just like good BBQ is supposed to. Shred with fork and add BBQ sauce. We enjoy Head Country original BBQ sauce.


Great on a bun, baked potato or simply on its own.

I will be linking up to all these great sites today Tempt my Tummy  - Tuesday at The Table - Tasty Tuesday - Home Sweet Farm - 33 Shades of Green -


5 comments:

  1. You always have the best recipes. You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy! I am always looking for good crock pot recipes and this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Makes me want to head to our local BBQ place:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE bbq pork! I make mine with coke. Thanks for sharing your recipe; looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how many this recipe serves?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...