Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

A Kindergartener and a Pay Raise!

Well today is the BIG day…the last day of school!



My babies last day of Pre-k and my eldest’s last day of fourth grade.
They took their annual end of the year cookie cakes to share.
In school colors of course!
They refused to corporate with the photographer looking directly into the sun.
I was saddened that my boy is now a kindergartener, for about two seconds. Then I realized I no longer have to write a daycare check each month. So today not only is the last day of school, it’s also a pay raise for us!


In reality, the money won’t go for daycare anymore; we will still be righting that check each month. Just making it out to their college fund instead. It will be nice to know that the $600 a month will now make money. Even though it’s just a little, it’s sure better than nothing!


We are off to the BIG 12 baseball tournament this weekend stopping by one of my favorite joints to eat, Big Truck Tacos.


I feel blessed to live in such a wonderful FREE country thanks to all the millions and millions that have, and make, it happen.

Have a fabulous blessed weekend.


1 comment:

  1. You guys are SO smart to transfer that money to another fund rather than spend it all! SUCH smartness!

    And congrats to the newly annointed Kindergartner and Fifth Grader!! (Mine will be done with fifth grade in two weeks and then I'll have a SIXTH grader... please pray for me!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...