Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti

It’s hard not to miss it, and even harder for your heart not to ache. I feel so guilty driving in my car through Chicl-Fil-A as my kiddos watch a T.V. in the back seat. As thousands are dead and dying.


 The poorest country in the Western hemisphere was devastated, and what little they had is now gone. There are so many ways we can help right now. You can text “disaster” to 90999 to give $10 to Compassion’s disaster relief program. They will be working directly with the local churches who know where these families live and will provide immediate relief to them. You can also click HERE to donate.



My heart is heavy that it took an earthquake to open my eyes to what was already happening daily for them. How could I have been so naive and taken up with my worries over the recession, taxes and the bad weather?

I am blessed to be an American, to live in a country where my children can worship as they choose. Where I am able to work and provide food, shelter and medical care for them. Yet, we I still wine about all our my “needs”. I have no doubt it is all part of God’s master plan, and I am not one to question why something so devastating hit a part of this world that was already devastated.

Maybe it was to open our souls, to open our eyes, to what God has called us all to do. I know that he opened mine. Does this woman know that her God has not left her?


If you’d prefer to give to the Red Cross, you can text “Haiti” to 90999 to donate $10 or go directly to the Red Cross website to make a donation.


Another option is to donate through Samaritan’s Purse.


Don't forget the power or prayer!


The needs are so massive right now and every little bit helps.


“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40


2 comments:

  1. I feel the SAME way! We forget how luck we all are, it takes a tragedy to awaken our senses to it! My heart goes out to all the people of Haiti, especially the littlest victims... the children. A friend and I had coffee yesterday and we both said "I would fly there in a minute to help if I didn't have small children!" I feel this strong pull to go.. but my family needs me here to. Thanks for the post!
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot to tell you to come visit my blog. I have a fab friday giveaway with a twist. For every entry we will donate $1.00 to the Red Cross! It's a great way to help and enter to win some wonderful goodies!
    www.notesfromthehomestead.blogspot.com
    Toodles!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...