Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Hate Screaming!

First, for the record this is NOT a picture of me or anyone that I know. But I sure can relate to her, can't you?
Our mornings had become so crazy. Hannah in tears , Gabe wanting to watch the end of Sid the Science Kid rather than getting dressed. Mommy yelling that we need to get in the car NOW! I don't care if you haven't brushed your teeth or you don't have shoes on. We need to go now! The joy of a school transfer and our responsibility to get her to school on time.

So I created a new rule that we started Monday. First, you will be out of bed no later than 45 minutes before we leave. There will be NO T.V. until you have eaten breakfast, gotten dressed and have your bags ready to walk out the door.


The first two days have been a success. And I think everyone is happier not hearing mommy yell. Now I am going to introduce this into the mix. I purchased a copy of the Day by Day Bible at Mardel's last night. I plan on ready our 7 minutes together why the kids eat breakfast. I am sure they will balk at first. And I am realistic that it will be more like 14 months for us to complete. But I think reading the Bible in a year is far more enticing than hearing mom yell, LET'S GO!


1 comment:

  1. That was my picture! lol joking of course...I think I am going to make that my new rule too...I will have to check that bible stuff out too! maybe not in the morning, but before bedtime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...