Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Got a Hunter in the Fam?


I had asked my dad ,and avid hunter, last year to cut and save me a few pheasant feathers.








And that he did! So, they have sat in a plastic bag all year while I pondered on just what to do with them.This weekend I came up with this...

It's the first round and I am sure I will have to change it up a bit. I wanted to keep them all together to make the biggest impact.





I added a tiny pumpkin, propped up by a crushed mini Milk Dud box that I had just inhaled. And added this cute little glass dome that I found at Goodwill for $.45 cents. It was just perfect for my egg cup with a mini dried pumpkin.Ryan made it back all smiles from N.Y.C. catching the first two games at Yankee stadium. I know that he would love to fly back this week for the ticker tape parade down Fifth Ave. But, we will have a nice seat right at home to watch it all.


7 comments:

  1. Kate,
    I love pheasant feathers too! So funny, but I posted about these on Sunday too! Only I only had 4 feathers to work with! They look great in urns!

    Jane @ Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate!

    Those pheasant feathers are awesome - such a statement! And I love the art hanging idea - I did that in my basement and my kids love to rearrange their artwork on it. Yours is so cute!

    XOXOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too pretty! Makes a great display piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I have some pheasant feathers - I'll have to incorporate them into an arrangement! (I can SO relate to inhaling the milk duds!) :-)

    pk @ Room Remix

    ReplyDelete
  5. those feathers are gorgeous.
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...