Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Linguine with Fesh Tomatoes...My Fav!

OK, can you tell that my garden is overflowing with veggies? I have been trying to incorporate them into every meal we eat. There is something about going out to the garden right before dinner and picking everything I need. I just love it!
Last night I made one of our all time summer favorites and thought I would share it with you.

Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes and Basil

Here are the main characters


  • 8oz uncooked linguine
  • 6 green onions, sliced
  • 1/4 cup fresh minced basil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 Med. tomato's, chopped
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (I use a bit more)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3-4 grilled chicken breasts
  • Lawery's garlic salt

In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, onions, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside to allow flavors to blend. Prepare pasta according to package directions.

If you are a tomato eatin' family and you don't have this. Please get one today. You can thank me later for it! Gotta love that shadow... it's me wanting to devour the goods.





Mmmm...wished you could smell the fresh basil I just cut!



While your pasta is cooking and your veggies are meshing it's time to grill the chicken. Sprinkle both sides of breasts lightly with Lawery's Garlic Salt, heat grill and cook till no longer pink. About 9 minutes on each side depending on thickness of your chicken breasts.

Drain your linguine and mix with 3 tablespoons butter until butter has coated the linguine. Place desired amount of pasta into bowl and top with tomato basil mixture and sliced chicken. I sometimes will also dice the grilled chicken and mix in with the tomato's. Whatever suits your fancy! Goes great with a nice glass of lemon tea.

If you happen to have any leftovers it's great smothered over a baked potato. This is best served immediately at room temperature.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...